Incentives for industrial expansions with at least 50 Alabama jobs
These incentives also apply to expansions (regardless of the number of jobs) involving the following sectors:
- Engineering & Design
- Data Centers
- Metal/Machining Technology or Tool Making
INCENTIVES FOR OTHER EXPANSIONS WITH AT LEAST $2 MILLION INVESTED
For the first time, Alabama’s incentives cover capitalized replacement and maintenance property as follows:
- Tax abatements for state and non-educational local sales and use taxes on construction materials and manufacturing machinery
- Property tax abatements (non-educational taxes) for up to 20 years (limited to the incremental increase in such taxes if the property does not perform a new function)
Utility Tax Credits
- Cash refunds for incremental increase in utility gross receipts tax due to increased energy use
- Available for up to 10 years
INCENTIVES FOR ALL INDUSTRIAL PROJECTS
The state, cities and counties have various programs to provide infrastructure and can provide other discretionary incentives, as warranted.
The state can also provide training from Alabama’s primary workforce development agency (AIDT).